- Measure weight and BMI.
- Examine the thyroid – size, the presence of knots.
- Perform breast examination – breast discharge, formations.
- Test for signs of increased male hormone synthesis – acne, seborrhoea, hirsutism.
- Test tenderness or pain in the lower abdomen, palpable findings – formations, knots.
- Test for vaginal and/or cervical abnormalities, increased secretions.
- Perform gynaecological ultrasound:
- Measure the dimensions of the uterus;
- Ovarian structure, antral follicle count (AFS) – norm 5-10, > 12 – PCO similar polycystic ovaries or < 3 – reduced ovarian reserve;
- Ovarian cysts, formations;
- Hydrosalpinx, fluid in the cul-de-sac (pouch of Douglas).
embrions.lv > Services > Female infertility testing > During the visit the doctor will carry out a gynaecological examination and inquiries
During the visit the doctor will carry out a gynaecological examination and inquiries