- Prior to the procedure the required examinations and treatment are performed.
- Information on the IVF procedure and answering the related questions.
- Pituitary and ovarian function blocking injection (for “long protocol”).
- Stimulation of follicle growth (hormone injection).
- Follicle growth monitoring, and precise timing of ovulation (ultrasound and hormone test).
- Egg extraction.
- Egg fertilization.
- Fertilization evaluation (count of the fertilized eggs).
- Fertilized embryo cultivation for 2-5 days.
- Embryo transfer to the uterine cavity.
- HCG test in 10-14 days.
- In a case of a pregnancy ultrasonography detection of foetal heart rate in the sixth week of pregnancy.
- Antenatal care and pregnancy registration.